Once more, from 26 to 29 July, Campus Motovun has prepared for you a dynamic educational program for film professionals, semi-professionals, students and all those who want to learn more about film.
The 25th edition of Motovun Film Festival marks many changes, and like any other curious eight-year-old, Campus Motovun is embarking on new adventures, in a new location! This year, in the welcome shade of Gorski Kotar forest, the program is offering you a whole plethora of activities and events, from lectures by experienced professionals, practical workshops, conversations with leading film critics to film school presentations accompanied by student film screenings.
Campus Motovun is an easy-going summer workshop, gathering young filmmakers from all over the world for the 8th year in a row, with the aim of gaining new knowledge, meeting other young professionals, networking and creating a platform for the development of future film projects. We are inviting you to become part of this story and of the new beginnings of our old festival, and join our growing community: more than 290 participants, 20 countries and 30 film schools have participated in Campus Motovun so far.
This year, from 26 to 29 July, we have prepared for you an interesting multi-day workshop, during which you will have the chance to experience new technologies, including VR, augmented reality, 3D recording and scanning, or Kinect tracking, as well as to learn how to apply those technologies in your own film projects. There are also lectures on the usual issues and dilemmas troubling young filmmakers, and most important, the event at the heart of our Campus Motovun program: the students will present their film schools and educational programs, share their experiences and ideas, expanding each other’s cinematic insight. The presentation of schools, which is done by students for students, will be accompanied by the screening of student films.
- Students (and those who aspire to become students) of Croatian and regional film schools
- Students of schools that include film courses
- Young professionals (and future filmmakers)
- Young film theoreticians/critics
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send your CV and a short motivational letter explaining why you want to participate in the workshop (up to 300 characters with spaces) to email@example.com
- Application deadline for those presenting their film school is 15 June.
- Application deadline for those NOT presenting their film school is 30 June.
WHAT YOU ARE GETTING:
- One to two lectures per day over the course of four days of the program. Lectures will tackle the topics that are not usually covered by regular film schools (CGI of the future, VR & gaming, debut film placement, international experiences on the way to one’s first film, etc.). A detailed list of lectures and lecturers will be available soon.
- For students leaning more towards film theory, there will be a daily DEBATE CLUB about the most interesting and innovative films from the festival program. Conversations will be moderated by leading film critics.
- Presentations of film schools and their films – submit your film and present your school
- – Free accreditations for all festival programs and screenings
The central goal of our rich program is to bring together and connect young creative forces, the filmmakers and critics of the future! Enjoy our festival surrounded by your international film tribe.
- Festival camp is free
- If you would like to stay at a private accommodation, our hospitality office will help you find it. Due to the high interest, we recommend that you secure your accommodation as soon as possible
IMPORTANT NOTICE: if you want to screen your films or films produced at your school along with your application, their titles must be submitted to us by June 15th.
For more information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.